Jun 5, 2009

Siblings 2 (2009)

It was a comedy that more than any other short I had made, seemed the least likely to ever have a sequel. Strange how it was that single limitation that sparked the idea for the follow up.

You'll have to watch Siblings, the beginning of the story if you will, to fully appreciate the departure that part 2 takes - this won't really make sense otherwise.

As you can imagine, this was a fun shoot. My sister seemed to enjoy the new twist as much as I did, even if she was the one getting the bumps and scratches in the process. Without giving anything away, I'll just say there were numerous times she fell out of character - for obvious reason (see the outtakes below).

You can see a big difference in the look between part 1 and part 2. Things were intentionally a bit more drab this time, not nearly as green as in the prime weeks of summer, but we did go through the effort of finding the same clothes we wore in the first video. Not quite as easy as you might think as the original Siblings was shot close to a year ago. It was mostly just a matter of digging out my old red hat again.

Thematically, this follow up plays off even more like a music video than the original. The punchline this time is the fact that there's even a sequel to be seen. It looks good though, and we're still not taking ourselves too seriously. Enjoy the sequel we never thought we'd make, Siblings 2!

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Still Hot Luke! And I don't mean you.

Editing Luke said...

It's okay M, I know you mean me . . . I won't tell, haha.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! Hi-larious! I don't even want to know how many scrapes Allison had after you dragged her all over that park!

Billie Jean

Angry Charlie said...

Within reference to the outtakes, I just wanna say that it seems you're missing that "BOOP!" sound in between takes that I'm sure you had put in. Maybe the video isn't working right? :-P

Editing Luke said...

As soon as I saw you left a comment Tyler I knew this is what you would say!